Need something quick and tasty to snack on? I got your back with these little super seeds energy bites.
I am obsessed with texture in food because life is too short for boring food, amiright? These are texture galore….smooth, chewy & crunchy all at once. That would otherwise be known as a super satisfying snack.
what are the benefits of making and eating these babies?
- Sunflower seed butter makes them nut-free (great for anyone with allergies!). You can substitute any nut butter though.
- Dates add natural sweetness and are rich in fiber, iron and potassium.
- Pumpkin seeds provide protein, vitamin E and B-complex.
- Hemp seeds are a super plant-based source of protein and healthy fats.
- Chia seeds help digestion as they absorb 10x their size in water (that means they help move things on through your digestive path). They are also a great source of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Sesame seeds contain protein, copper, manganese & iron to name a few. They can help lower cholesterol and balance hormones.
Where can you get all the seeds?
Luckily, you can find these healthy ingredients at most grocery stores these days. Next time you head to the store or place an online delivery order, add these ingredients and up your snacking game to make these super seed energy bites.
If you are trying to makes some positive changes in your diet and create healthier habits, these would be a great mid-afternoon snack. These super seeds energy bites will keep you from raiding the cabinets or the vending machine during that afternoon slump. Give them a try and let me know what you think!
SUPER SEEDS ENERGY BITES
- food processor
- ½ cup medjool dates about 5-6 dates
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sunbutter can sub other nut butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Place the dates and pumpkin seeds in a food processor, pulse several times until finely chopped.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add the chopped dates and pumpkin seeds. Mix until really well incorporated. Using 1 tablespoon measurement, roll into balls.