Need something quick and tasty to snack on? I got your back with these little gems. I am obsessed with texture in food because life is too short for boring food, amiright? These are texture galore....smooth, chewy & crunchy all at once. Otherwise known as a super satisfying snack. Here's a rundown of the benefits of making and eating these babies:
- Sunflower seed butter makes them nut-free (great for anyone with allergies!). You can substitute any nut butter though.
- Dates add natural sweetness and are rich in fiber, iron and potassium.
- Pumpkin seeds provide protein, vitamin E and B-complex.
- Hemp seeds are a super plant-based source of protein and healthy fats.
- Chia seeds help digestion as they absorb 10x their size in water (that means they help move things on through your digestive path). They are also a great source of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Sesame seeds contain protein, copper, manganese & iron to name a few. They can help lower cholesterol and balance hormones.
Super Seeds Energy Balls
makes approx. 16 balls
½ cup medjool dates (about 6 dates)
½ cup pumpkin seeds
½ cup sunbutter (can sub other nut butter)
¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
¼ cup hemp seeds
3 Tbsp maple syrup
2 Tbsp chia seeds
2 Tbsp sesame seeds
Place the dates and pumpkin seeds in a food processor, pulse several times until finely chopped.
In a separate bowl, add the date and pumpkin seeds combine with remaining ingredients. Mix until really well incorporated. Using 1 tablespoon measurement, roll into balls.
Best stored in refrigerator.