Your mornings will never be the same with these Overnight Maple Cinnamon Oats. They are so simple to prepare the night before and will make you feel like a morning goddess who has her act together. We can all dream, right?
WHY OVERNIGHT OATS?
I don’t always love my alarm clock but there is something so hopeful about waking up to a new day and getting a do-over if maybe the day before didn’t go so great. So tomorrow morning, press the do-over button and start your day with this goodness…..the oats & chia seeds have loads of fiber, not to mention the prebiotic effect of the oats (prebiotics are ingredients in food that our bodies don’t completely digest, that when consumed, help support the growth of the good gut bacteria). This will help you stay full through lunch and power through your morning.
Customize them to your liking
You can use any clean protein powder that you like but I love the effects of collagen peptides on my gut, hair, nails and skin. And it’s tasteless so you can flavor your overnight oats as you wish!
Need some topping ideas for your overnight maple cinnamon oats? I got you covered-
- any fruit- banana, apples, berries (my personal favorite)
- a drizzle of nut butter
- chopped nuts
- chia seeds
- pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- dusting of cinnamon
Overnight oats are the perfect meal prep food
You can meal prep the heck out of these. It’s easiest to make all at once then divide up into containers after they soak. I love to make them in glass containers with lids but whatever you have is great. If you need a grab-and-go option, there are some fantastic silicone storage containers on the market now!
When you wake up ready to tackle the day, pull these out of your frig, grab your favorite toppings and enjoy. Or, realize you are late, grab the container and run out the door.
Go get ready for tomorrow morning NOW! You can do it! Just get in the routine and you will feel like your own best friend knowing you have a great and healthy breakfast option waiting for you. But don’t forget to set your alarm.
OVERNIGHT MAPLE CINNAMON OATS
- ½ cup gluten free oats
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup non-dairy milk from carton almond, cashew, coconut
- 2 scoops collagen peptides or other protein powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 Tbsp pure maple syrup depending on how sweet you like
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- In a bowl, combine oats, chia seeds, milk, collagen protein, cinnamon, maple syrup, vanilla and salt. Mix thoroughly until combined. Cover and place in refrigerator overnight or for 4 hours minimum. Stir again in morning and top with favorite toppings. Enjoy your full belly and extended energy through lunch!
- Topping options:Sliced banana or appleBerriesChopped nutsPumpkin or sunflower seedsCinnamonDrizzle of nut butterSmall sprinkling of granola